Lough Key Caravan and Camping Update
Lough Key Caravan and Campsite is currently closed for the remainder of the season and will reopen in March 2022.
While we try to answer all caravan and camping bookings and enquiries as soon as we can, please note emails are currently monitored on a part time basis which may cause a slight delayed response.
We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
You can call the Lough Key Visitor Centre on 071 96 73122, where a staff member will be happy to help with a query.
- We are working hard to ensure we have all measures in place to create a safe environment for you our visitors and our staff. We hope that you will work with us in adhering to the safety procedures and respect each other’s space. DO NOT travel to our facility if you have any Covid-19 symptoms, or if you have been around someone with Covid-19 symptoms.
- Our hard-standing pitches are laid beautifully with the natural landscape allowing for natural physical distancing
- Our indoor communal areas with our toilets and indoor kitchen will be open. However, we are asking customers in camper vans/caravans to be as self-contained as possible, by using your own toilets, cooking facilities and sinks for washing up and sanitary purposes. Our indoor games room and laundry facilities remain closed.
- Good hand hygiene is required at all times. Hand sanitising stations will be located at various points around the campsite. Guests will also be required to wear masks when inside communal areas or when in contact with staff.
- All areas of our campsite communal areas including the shower block will continuously undergo a rigorous cleaning regime daily.
- Upon arrival or at any given time, we ask for your assistance in that only one guest is to approach the reception. There will be a socially distanced outdoor queuing system in place with shelter, guests are asked to adhere to this. Check-in peak time is from 5pm- 8pm. Try and avoid this time to reduce traffic.
- Every effort will be made to ensure everyone can enjoy their visit and stay safe and well. Remember social distancing is required throughout our campsite and park, children must be supervised and made aware of this. Those who do not comply with these rules will be asked to leave without a refund.
- All bookings must be made online and paid in full prior to arrival. Campers have up to 24 hours before arrival date to cancel for free otherwise the full amount will be taken.
The visitor centre will remain temporarily closed – this includes Boda Borg, Adventure Play Kingdom and the indoor Café. There will be an outdoor Food Truck serving hot food, a coffee cart and confectionery kiosk. Our outdoor terrace will be open with stunning views of the lake.
The Lough Key experience which includes the Viewing tower and Tree Canopy walk will be open and tickets can be purchased on the day.
Along with our vast woodlands, walking trails, numerous islands and historical landmarks, there is the recently developed ‘cycle-way’, a fabulously scenic route, joining Lough Key to the town of Boyle via the Boyle canal ideal for all ages to use.
Other activity information on our website www.loughkey.ie
CARAVAN PARK – (normal times 😊)
Our Campsite Park is generally open seasonally from Easter to October every year, comprising of 46 landscaped secluded pitches with newly appointed electricity points offering lots of privacy and three large separate tenting areas in a scenic woodland setting.
Whilst, we do not supply individual electric for tents, accommodations can be looked into. In the event of special/medical circumstances, we will endeavor to arrange something to suit, but it may not always be possible. Our campsite facilities have all mod cons, and we provide free charging points for mobile phones and electronic devices. Our camper’s kitchen on site also has two freezers and a large fridge available for campers to use and share.
Onsite is a recreational block with an indoor space for games or dining including a pool table and vending machines. The building has a renovated shower block with bathrooms, a small cooking area and laundry room. Picnic tables are allocated around the site for personal use.
The Campsite is located about approx. 500 metres from the lake front and Visitors Centre boasting a whole range of unique and fun attractions and activities for all ages including the Lakeside café.
All bookings must be made online and paid in full prior to arrival. Campers have up to 24 hours before arrival date to cancel for free otherwise the full amount will be taken.
Before you book, please view our campsite map to choose your desired pitch number!
Click here to view the campsite map.
You can also download a Word Document version here Campsite Map.
We try our best to facilitate all requests however occasionally pitch numbers may be subject to change by a member of staff.
Booking form instructions
- To start select the “Tenting” or “Caravans and Campers” option by clicking the green corresponding button.
- Choose Check-In and Check-Out dates. Days marked green indicates pitches are available for that specific day. Please note, this does not guarantee pitches are available for consecutive days. Days marked red indicate there is no availability of pitches for that specific day.
- Scroll through Pitch numbers listed to check availability by clicking on the drop down arrow button.
- If a pitch number displays (1) it means that pitch is available for your dates and you can proceed to booking
- If a pitch number displays (0) it means that pitch is unavailable for your dates or has already been pre-booked and you must choose another pitch or alternative dates.
Please note: Tenting charges are based on tent size. Please be as precise as possible when making your booking. This policy is to accommodate all bookings to the best of our ability. Please note, we do not supply individual electric for tents.
If you have any questions or queries please email us directly firstname.lastname@example.org
Once your booking is complete you will receive a confirmation email. Please note, your booking is not confirmed until you receive a confirmation email and booking number.
Contact us at:
A.A. Security (after hours) : 087 1017083