Covid-19 Update 3rd July 2020
We are excited to share with you all our plans for the coming weeks!
Due to the current challenges we wanted to carefully devise a plan that would make it possible to open certain elements to the park whilst keeping it a safe environment for everyone.
We have all the Covid-19 safety protocols in place on our premises. We are following all health and safety guidelines that have been put in place by the government and the HSE. The health and safety of our staff and customers is our top priority.
- From July 13th our campsite will reopen for self-sufficient campervans to start. Online bookings only and we advise booking in advance due to limited spaces. More options will follow in August.
- We have taken the tough decision to keep our visitor centre closed to the public. We feel it is the most responsible option right now and it is an effort to minimise risk.
- Food and
– We will have a cart serving barista Puro coffee, cold drinks, confectionary and homemade Sweet treats
– Food truck serving Pizza, Toasties, Sandwiches, Barista Coffee and cold drinks
– Additional Picnic tables will be in place
– Opening Soon – Our Outdoor terrace for take away food seating
- A staffed Information Point will be in place for all your queries and will also provide information on our unique and beautiful historical park. We will have available o Map for the Multi User Orienteering trail o Map for our New Family Fun Trail to include our Magic Tree and Fairy Bridge o 8 kms of off-road Cycling trails o Walking trails o New Cycleway linking Lough Key to Boyle via Boyle Marina
- Zipit is open and you can book online on www.Zipit.ie
- Bike Hire with www.electrickbiketrails.ie . You can book online (advanced booking advised)
- Coming Soon – Online booking system to enable us to safely reopen the ‘Adventure Play Kingdom’ and ‘The Lough Key Experience’ (Tree Top Canopy walk).
These plans may change depending on the current situation in Ireland. We hope you can understand our gradual reopening approach and the decisions we have had to make to keep within the guidelines of Physical Distancing and Safety.
We would like to thank you all for your patience and all of your messages and we look forward to welcoming all visitors to the park very soon!