**UPDATE** April 2021
Given the continuing uncertain situation around Covid 19 and restrictions, our opening date and plans will be steered by the Government and HSE guidelines.
Our plans will be communicated once we get clarification on same.
As in 2020, we will ensure to have all measures in place to create a safe environment for you, our visitors and our staff.
For the moment, we are not taking any bookings but this availability will open up once we get the news that we can do so.
For general campsite or booking enquiries, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, where our team will be more than happy to assist you in any way we can at the moment.
- We are working hard to ensure we have all measures in place to create a safe environment for you our visitors and our staff. We hope that you will work with us in adhering to the safety procedures and respect each other’s space. DO NOT travel to our facility if you have any Covid-19 symptoms, or if you have been around someone with Covid-19 symptoms.
- Our hard-standing pitches are laid beautifully with the natural landscape allowing for natural physical distancing
- Our indoor communal areas with our toilets and indoor kitchen will be open. However, we are asking customers in camper vans/caravans to be as self-contained as possible, by using your own toilets, cooking facilities and sinks for washing up and sanitary purposes. Our indoor games room and laundry facilities remain closed.
- Good hand hygiene is required at all times. Hand sanitising stations will be located at various points around the campsite. Guests will also be required to wear masks when inside communal areas or when in contact with staff.
- All areas of our campsite communal areas including the shower block will continuously undergo a rigorous cleaning regime daily.
- Upon arrival or at any given time, we ask for your assistance in that only one guest is to approach the reception. There will be a socially distanced outdoor queuing system in place with shelter, guests are asked to adhere to this. Check-in peak time is from 5pm- 8pm. Try and avoid this time to reduce traffic.
- Every effort will be made to ensure everyone can enjoy their visit and stay safe and well. Remember social distancing is required throughout our campsite and park, children must be supervised and made aware of this. Those who do not comply with these rules will be asked to leave without a refund.
- All bookings must be made online and paid in full prior to arrival. Campers have up to 24 hours before arrival date to cancel for free otherwise the full amount will be taken.
The visitor centre will remain temporarily closed – this includes Boda Borg, Adventure Play Kingdom and the indoor Café. There will be an outdoor Food Truck serving hot food, a coffee cart and confectionery kiosk. Our outdoor terrace will be open with stunning views of the lake.
The Lough Key experience which includes the Viewing tower and Tree Canopy walk will be open and tickets can be purchased on the day.
Along with our vast woodlands, walking trails, numerous islands and historical landmarks, there is the recently developed ‘cycle-way’, a fabulously scenic route, joining Lough Key to the town on Boyle via the Boyle canal ideal for all ages to use.
Other activity information on our website www.loughkey.ie
CARAVAN PARK – (normal times 😊)
Our Campsite Park is generally open seasonally from Easter to October every year, comprising of 46 landscaped secluded pitches with newly appointed electricity points offering lots of privacy and three large separate tenting areas in a scenic woodland setting.
Whilst, we do not supply individual electric for tents, accommodations can be looked into. In the event of special/medical circumstances, we will endeavor to arrange something to suit, but it may not always be possible. Our campsite facilities have all mod cons, and we provide free charging points for mobile phones and electronic devices. Our camper’s kitchen on site also has two freezers and a large fridge available for campers to use and share.
Onsite is a recreational block with an indoor space for games or dining including a pool table and vending machines. The building has a renovated shower block with bathrooms, a small cooking area and laundry room. Picnic tables are allocated around the site for personal use.
The Campsite is located about approx. 500 metres from the lake front and Visitors Centre boasting a whole range of unique and fun attractions and activities for all ages including the Lakeside café.
All bookings must be made online and paid in full prior to arrival. Campers have up to 24 hours before arrival date to cancel for free otherwise the full amount will be taken.
Before you book, please view our campsite map to choose your desired pitch number!
Click here to view the campsite map.
You can also download a Word Document version here Campsite Map.
We try our best to facilitate all requests however occasionally pitch numbers may be subject to change by a member of staff.
It is important to be aware when using our booking form, if a site number says (0) it means the pitch is unavailable or has already been booked and you must choose another site. If you have any questions or queries please email us directly email@example.com
Please note: Tenting charges are based on tent size. Please be as precise as possible when making your booking. This policy is to accommodate all bookings to the best of our ability.
Once your booking is complete you will receive a confirmation email. Please note, your booking is not confirmed until you receive a confirmation email and booking number.
Contact us at:
A.A. Security (after hours) : 087 1017083