A Lakeside Visitor Centre is the gateway to more than 800 acres of parkland and forest at Lough Key. Its contemporary design showcases timber frame construction from renewable sources while embracing the landscape it sits in. The large area of glazing to the front of the centre captures the magnificent views over Lough Key in addition to maximising passive solar gain making the building highly energy efficient.
Environmental sustainability and energy efficiency is continued throughout the design with the use of a wood pellet heating system, solar water heating panels on the roof and reduced glazing to the northern aspect of the centre.
Entering the Visitor centre you will find:
- Reception Area with information on parks activities and attractions and where you can purchase tickets.
- Lakeside Café with outdoor deck area
- An area to purchase gifts or items to help you enjoy your day in the park.
- Ice-Cream Bar and Take Away options for your picnic in the Park.
- Moylurg Room – Private room with conference facilities overlooking the lake
- Toilets and baby changing facilities